We recently took a class trip to Fort Wilderness. The purpose of the trip was to take a break for adventure and fun. Students and teachers could tube, skate, play broomball, or ride horseback.
It’s one of my favorite days of the year.
It’s so easy to get caught up in learning targets, test scores, and covering content that we forget that having some fun at school is ok.
Adding some fun to the school day creates balance. It's good for the teacher and student's well-being and improves focus in the classroom.
Here's a clip of one of my favorite moments from our class trip, followed by some ways you might add some more fun to your school day.
18 Ways to Add Some Fun to Your School Day
- Learn something new with your students.
- Embrace your goofy side. Bring out the “Dad Jokes”. Tell a funny story.
- Play a game with your students.
- Incorporate some of your favorite music into lessons and work time.
- Mix up the schedule.
- Go outside.
- Bring in a guest speaker.
- Let your students plan a class period.
- Get creative. Incorporate art, music, and/or drama.
- Make plans with colleagues outside of school.
- Organize a dress-up day or spirit week.
- Add elements of competition to the classroom.
- Plan a field trip.
- Plan a staff switch day.
- Get a class pet. I’m partial to Leopard Geckos
- Schedule brain breaks.
- Plan something special for yourself on Friday.
- Take a walk during lunch.
Teaching is a serious business, but we have to remember not to take ourselves too seriously.
❤ Enjoy this Article?
🍵 Show Your Support and 🤗 Share It