My name is Jeremy. This will be my 23rd year teaching 8th-grade science and social studies in Northern Wisconsin. My mission is to remain a positive and effective educator up to my last day as a teacher and to share useful tools, ideas, resources, and inspiration with others.
What I'm Working On
- I spend most of my time teaching, preparing to teach, and grading papers. After all of these years, I still like working with kids. I recognize the power of education to impact lives in and out of school positively.
- Educational technology has always been an interest of mine. It's changed over the years and I've tried to change with it. I'm now exploring how technology can play a role in my productivity and personal growth. I don't want to be the "old" guy who can't figure out how to use his new gadget.
- I am also building a writing habit. I've blogged enough to learn how to do it with students but never kept it up. What happens when I keep it up? That's what I'm here to find out.
- I love to ride my bike. In the winter it's a fat tire bike and in the summer it's a mountain bike (most of the time) with a spattering of riding the road bike.
- Did I close my rings? I probably think about this too much.
- I'm a grateful husband and father of two wonderful girls.
Things I'm Proud Of
- I ran a marathon...once.
- I completed a century road bike ride...once.
- I've painted houses every summer since I started teaching.
- I earned my master's Degree in Education from Viterbo University while teaching full-time.
- Herb Kohl Educator Award Recipient
- I've recently joined the Camp Jorn YMCA Board Of Directors. I am very grateful for my camp experiences.
Click Here for the Disclosure Page