My name is Jeremy. This will be my 23rd year teaching 8th grade science and social studies in Northern Wisconsin.
What I'm Working On
- I spend most of my time teaching, preparing to teach and grading papers. After all of these years I still like working with kids. I recognize the power of education to positively impact lives in and out of school.
- Educational technology has always been an interest of mine. It's changed over the years and I've tried to change with it. I'm now starting to explore how technology can play a role in my productivity and personal growth. I don't want to be the "old" that can't figure out how to use his new gadget.
- I am also building a writing habit. I've blogged enough to learn how to do it with students but never kept it up. What happens when I keep it up? That's what I'm here to find out.
- I love to ride my bike. In the winter it's a fat tire bike and the summer it's a mountain bike (most of the time) with a spattering of riding the road bike.
- Did I close my rings? I probably think about this too much.
- I'm a grateful husband and father of two wonderful girls.
Things I'm Proud Of
- I ran a marathon...once.
- I completed a century road bike ride...once.
- I've painted houses every summer since I started teaching.
- I earned my Masters Degree in Education from Viterbo University while teaching full time.
- Herb Kohl Educator Award Recipient
- I've recently joined the Camp Jorn YMCA Board Of Directors. I am very grateful for my camp experiences.
Click Here for the Disclosure Page
❤ Enjoy Why Edify? Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (hint: it’s here). Send comments or just say "Hi" on Twitter - @jeremyajorg. If you haven't checked out the subscriber resources take a look here 👀. Why Edify is a reader-supported publication. You can show your support by becoming a monthly or yearly member or by shopping for some of my favorite gear 🙏.