Here are some recent snippets from my STRONG Teacher Weekly Review. Each week, I take the time to look back and document my thoughts, readings, and experiences in the classroom and in life. This framework is a continuous work in progress and an experiment in public reflection. Think, Learn, Share, Repeat.
Celebrate the wins.
- Our family made it through another soccer season and our daughter still loves playing.
- I became an ELfluencer this year for EL Education. We had our onboarding call this past week. It will definitely be an out-of-my-comfort-zone experience.
What did I learn and think about this past week?
- Education and learning are not the same. Schools create the structure for learning, but we also need to prepare students for a life outside of school.
- Even though it’s hard, it’s important to let go of school thoughts so you can be present in the other areas of your life.
- Having students complete fieldwork is a worthwhile endeavor. The adventure of it all brings the learning experience to life.
- Sometimes doing the right thing has unintended and challenging consequences. Do the right thing anyway.
R-ecover and Renew
How did I support my mind, body, and spirit the most this week? What will I do next week?
- I kept my weight room commitments.
- My sleep habits were strong.
- Next week my goal is to complete at least three CALM sessions.
O-wn Your Actions
Next week's guiding quote and affirmation(s)
- Quote - “It’s always too soon to quit.” -Norman Vincent Peale
- Affirmation - I am peaceful and calm, and greet the day with ease.
What are the most important things to accomplish this coming week?
- Complete weekly newsletter
- Have students complete their survey and compile the data
- Get house “Winter” ready.
Acknowledge all that’s wonderful in the world.
- My family is healthy.
- Fall is a beautiful time of year in northern Wisconsin.
- I’ve got a professional development day next week.
❤ Enjoy this Post?