Veterans Day is a significant holiday in the United States that honors and pays tribute to the brave men and women who have served in the armed forces. It is observed on November 11th each year and serves as a reminder to express gratitude for the sacrifices made by veterans to protect and defend the country.
On this day, various events, ceremonies, and parades take place across the nation to commemorate their service and to recognize the immense contributions they have made. It is a time for reflection, appreciation, and remembrance of the selfless dedication of veterans who have safeguarded the freedoms and values that the United States holds dear.
Receive Email Updates
On a journey to become a happier, healthier, and more effective teacher. Join us!
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Here are some Veteran’s Day teaching and learning resources.
- Lesson plan: Veterans Day and the meaning of sacrifice | PBS NewsHour Classroom
- 5 Facts to Know About Veterans Day - U.S. Department of Defense
- Veterans Day in the Classroom | NEA
- Veteran’s Day Resources - Teachers First
- Veteran’s Day Resources and Lessons - Read Write Think
- Browse Veteran’s Day Educational Resources - Education.com