Each month, I report my progress toward my goals or lack thereof; here's how January went.
Intermittent fasting minimum of four days per week
- I achieved this goal, but it didn't have the impact I hoped for. I'm unsure if it's the right eating style for me. I'm returning to regular meal intervals while maintaining the Mediterranean eating style.
Weigh in under 200 pounds.
- Down two pounds. It’s something.
600 exercise minutes per month
- I logged 687 minutes of exercise in January across 24 workouts. I cycled 11 times, went for 10 walks, and had three weight training sessions. I also add some weight training when riding inside.
Meditate a minimum of four days per week
- I didn’t meet this goal, however I logged 16 sessions which is a step in the right direction. I’ve been using the Calm app and the breathe bubble.
Complete and document at least three thirty-day challenges
- I complete the first one this month. I wrote thirty blog posts in thirty days. I always wanted to try it and now it’s done. I’m not sure I will post something everyday going forward but the challenge did help me let go of some of my fears surrounding hitting the publish button.
Read two education books and write a book summary for each
- I’m currently reading Onward: Cultivating Emotional Resilience in Educators by Elena Aguilar.
Read two personal development books and write a book summary for each
- I’m reading Atomic Habits by James Clear with the rest of my colleagues at school for professional development.
Publish two podcasts per month
- Done. I published three episodes: Your Best Self and Active Learning, Smells Like Potential - Teach like Ted Lasso, and Should I grade everything. You can listen to them here. I keep telling myself you have to bad at something in order to get good at it. You can listen to them here.
Publish two YouTube videos each month
- I published 6 videos this past month. They were a combination of regular videos and Shorts. I also experimented with publishing podcast episodes as video clips.
- On a side note, a few of my students have challenged me to a subscriber challenge for the remainder of the year. You can follow along and check out my video attempts here. Consider subscribing (you can cancel at the end of the school year if you want) to help me be more competitive.
Send out my newsletter each Friday
- Done. The streak is still alive. Explore the archive.
Write at least one guest article for another blog or publication.
- No Progress
Complete the Door County Ride - at least the 70 Mile Ride
- Currently in the planning stages.
Reflect monthly and share my progress.