As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. All affiliate links are marked with an asterisk (*). Thank You! Read more here.
Hello friends, teachers, and lifelong learners 👋.
April is National Poetry Month. It's a time to explore and celebrate the power of poetry. Here is a list of resources for teaching and learning about National Poetry Month and poetry in general.
- Here is a great article from the Atlantic that outlines why teaching poetry is so important.
- Students can enter a poetry contest.
- Explore poetry this month by signing up to receive "A Poem a Day".
- National Poetry Month resources from Read, Write, Think
- Useful National Poetry Month resources for teachers and students
- Here are 30 ways to celebrate National Poetry Month.
- Poetry resources from the National Council of English Teachers
- Maybe you're interested in SLAM poetry. Here's a book* for you.
Thanks for reading. If you haven't subscribed to receive updates, use the button below.
And, as always, please share your feedback and comments on Twitter. How do you incorporate poetry into your teaching? What are you reading and learning lately? Just say "Hi". Send a tweet to @jeremyajorg.