Minecraft, Education Resignation and Stress
This post may contain an affiliate link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. All affliiate links are marked with an asterisk (*).
Hello Teacher Friends and Lifelong Learners. Here are some things worth sharing this week.
How Minecraft is Teaching Kids to Face the Threat of Climate Change
- Minecraft use in education is gaining momentum.
- Students are learning to solve real-world problems in Minecraft space.
How the Political debate on teaching race in schools is impacting students
- Teacher, student, and administrator perspectives about teaching race in schools.
- This has me wondering how different history classes are in different parts of our country.
- What is truth? Should it depend on your zip code?
Why is it important to build a growth mindset in kids?
- Kids with a growth mindset believe that hard work pays off.
- Praising kids’ efforts and learning from mistakes is beneficial.
- A fixed mindset can limit a child’s learning.
- Here is a nice talk about the Growth Mindset.
The Great Resignation hasn’t hit teachers and schools yet. Here’s why it still might.
- Reading recent news and my Twitter feeds has revealed that teachers are struggling lately.
- In some cases, this is connected to the pandemic.
- The potential for increasing teacher resignations exists.
- Some unhappy teachers reference stagnate salaries and lack of appreciation as areas of concern.
Teacher Wellness Reading
Here's to feeling better in the classroom and beyond.
Here are some tips for stress management in schools.
- When teachers are stressed it rubs off on teachers
- Right now I appreciate exercise and mediation the most.
My Favorite Things This Week
- Here are 7 habits that lead to happiness in old age…I hope to get there someday :)
- I started keeping track of Teacher Wins.
- Random Acts of Kindness are where it's at.
- I'd love to try out this XP-PEN drawing tablet* for Chromebooks. It would surely add some functionality when using my school-issued device.
Quote I’m Pondering
“More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgement. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate. - Roy T. Bennett - The Light in the Heart*.
If you are an educator I wish you grace and energy. If you are not in education just know that teachers are working really hard to do their best work. No matter what you do, have a great week!
What is the biggest challenge you face as an educator today?
Please subscribe below and share with others. My goal is to provide useful information, reflection, ideas, and resources for teachers and lifelong learners.
And, as always, share your feedback and comments on Twitter. What's your recent teacher win or life win? What are you reading lately? Just say "Hi". Send a tweet to @jeremyajorg.