As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. All affiliate links are marked with an asterisk (*). Thank You! Read more here.
Hello Friends and T.G.I.F. 😁 Here are some things I thought were worth sharing this week.
First and foremost I would like to share that I am tired. The roller coaster ride to the end of the school year is gaining momentum. The batteries are in definite need of recharging this weekend. O.K., now that's out of the way. Here's the T.G.I.F.
Here are some articles that grabbed my attention.
- If you’ve been in the classroom this article will make sense. Kids haven’t been the same since COVID.
- Artificial intelligence is on the rise. How will machine learning impact the future of learning? It’s the first time I’ve heard the term Education 4.0.
- There have been a few times when I felt left out of decisions related to technology at school. I think it’s important for teachers to have input into the kind of technology tools that will be used in their classroom.
- It’s a sad but true fact that many teachers need a side hustle to make ends meet. I know the feeling. I’ve painted houses every summer of my teaching career. I work with a great bunch of guys, and the money has been really helpful. The data on how many teachers have or have had a side hustle is pretty crazy.
- I’m sharing this one because I love creativity and Gonzo.
- I thought this video was well done - Pandemic Polarization. Education can help people become critical consumers of information. How will students know what is right and truthful going forward?
Personal Development and Wellness Resources
- Is stress starting to have a negative impact on your life? Here are 7 ways to relieve stress in a stressful world.
- Teacher burnout is real with more and more teachers leaving the classroom in pursuit of less stressful ways to make a living. If you're still in it for the long haul, here are 4 ways you can stay grounded.
- You can tell I have stress on my mind this week. A new bill introduced by Illinois lawmakers would allow teachers to use their sick days for mental health reasons.
Here is a quote I’ve been revisiting this week:
So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. - Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer*
Thanks for reading. And, as always, please share your feedback and comments on Twitter. What's your recent teacher win? What are you reading and learning lately? Just say "Hi". Send a tweet to @jeremyajorg.
If you haven't subscribed to this newsletter you can do so below.
P.S. Recommendation: Fabulous. Born at Duke University, Fabulous uses behavioral science to help people make smart changes and build healthy habits. Build self-discipline and create positive structures in your daily life. After answering a series of questions Fabulous will build a plan just for you. Start building new habits with Fabulous today.