I've set a goal to complete at least three Thirty-Day Challenges this year. So far I had some fun making the Thirty-Day Teacher Commuter Playlist and also completed a not-so-exciting 30 days of logging my food intake.
I've used Six Word Memoirs with my students and thought it would be fun to try it as we head down the home stretch of the school year. It's small enough that it's doable each day. It will be a baby step toward a Thirty-Day Blog Post Challenge that I'd like to tackle in the future.
Here are the ground rules.
- Write one six-word story each day for six days. During the school week the story will be school related and the six-word stories on the weekend are open to any topic.
- Each story will be written on an index card. I'll take a photo of the Six-Word Story and share it on Twitter - @jeremyajorg.
- All stories will also be added to this post at some time during the 30 days.
- In addition, I'll add Six Word Story resources to this post throughout the challenge.
Six Word Resources
- Six in Schools
- How to Use 6-Word Memoirs in the Classroom
- Teacher Reflection: Not Your Mirror, Mirror on the Wall
- Celebrity Six-Word Memoirs
- Using Six-Word Memoirs in the Classroom
- Thirty-Day Challenges for the Mind, Body, Spirit, and School
- Are You Ready for a Thirty-Day Challenge
- How the Thirty-Day Challenge Teacher Commuter Playlist Eased My Stress and Made Me Smile
More Six-Word Story Ideas:
- Highlights from the school year
- Unit review six-word stories
- Vocabulary riddles
- Resolutions and goal setting
- Lessons learned
Six Word Stories - Thirty-Day Challenge