Here are the results or lack thereof from December 2022.
Wellness / Happiness
Complete at least 720 minutes of exercise or higher per month.
- In December I logged 1,121 minutes of exercise.
- 12 activities classified as "other" - many of these were snow removal, 11 walks, 6 cycling sessions (mostly indoor spinning), 1 mixed cardio session, and one snowshoe session.
- The snowshoes were an unexpected gift from my family. Here is a clip from their maiden voyage.
- This year I used an app called Zones to track my active minutes. At the end of this year, it spat out a cool snapshot of my yearly activity.
4 full-body strength training sessions per month.
- Done. I started a routine of lifting after school for short sessions.
4 yoga sessions per month.
- I neglected the yoga sessions this month. I completed some basic stretching after a workout but that's about it.
Log at least 120 mindful minutes each month. This can be a combination of Apple Fitness + meditations, Journaling (DayOne), and the Calm app.
- Between Holosync and journaling, I've met this goal.
Move closer to a Mediterranean style of eating.
- The floodgates opened after Winter Break started. I'm ready to re-dedicate myself in the New Year.
Complete at least 30 journal entries per month using the Dayone app.
- 35 entries for the month of December.
Education / Teaching Career
Record my #TeacherWins at least 4 out of five teaching days (80%)
- This has become part of my daily journal routine.
Write and share at least two Teacher Pep Talks per month.
- This fizzled. I'm retiring this goal and focusing energy elsewhere.
Read at least two education/teaching books this year and write a book summary blog post on each.
- Done. Here is my book summary page.
Share at least four education resource posts per month
Done. Here are some of my posts from this month.
- 11 Takeaways from the EL Education National Conference | Passion, Restorative Practices, and Authenticity
- Using Sketchnotes in the Classroom | Introduction, and Resources
- New Ted-Ed Video Lesson - How Will AI Change the World?
- 15 Reasons for Teachers to Complete an Annual Review Along With a Free Annual Review Template
- Choice Theory in the Classroom Book Summary and Golden Lines
Add at least 12 new resources to my subscriber database.
Read four personal development books per year and write a book summary blog post on each.
- Done. I needed to complete one more. Here it is - The Bullet Journal Method | Book Summary and Golden Lines
Record "Homework for Life" at least five days per week.
- Done. This has become part of my journal routine.
Write at least 12 blog posts sharing what I learned from watching a video or listening to a podcast (Yearly).
- Each week I share resources in the newsletter, and I reflect on what I learned. This goal has been met and then some.
Family and Friends
Connect with my close family at least once per week.
Connect with a friend at least once per week - lunch, phone, exercise, pub, etc.
- Done. December was a social month. A few needed get-togethers, concerts, and activities. My favorite activity was Fatbikes by Candlelight.
Dreams, Retirement, and Money Stuff
Learn about Twitter and be useful in that space. Follow five interesting people and grow my following by five people. This is the only goal I am not in complete control of. We'll see what happens.
- Done. I appreciate Twitter for the infinite resources and have settled into a consuming and posting flow. I've grown by a few followers, but have let go of that part of the goal. Here is my profile page.
Take a picture of each house I paint and post it to Instagram and Twitter. Invest at least three hundred dollars of painting income (Summertime Painting Goal) into my Robinhood account.
- I blew this one. I've entered information on the paint jobs we've completed in my journal minus the photos. I'm retiring this goal.
Publish at least two newsletters per month
- Done. I haven't missed a week since I started this site. Here are the archives. The streak is still alive.
Create at least two YouTube videos per month - step out of your comfort zone
Learn more about cryptocurrency. Document my progress.
- I found out that cryptocurrency is currently not my passion. I read a little about it in my news feed but that's about it.
Purchase a camper and take at least three family vacations.
- This goal is on hold. I hope it will happen in the future. I am grateful to have kids that want to be involved in sports and other activities. I'm not sure when we would have enough time to get our money's worth. I'm glad It didn't happen. With my family's schedule, I'm not sure when we would have the time.
Reflect on these goals and share once per month.