Here are the results or lack thereof from November 2023.
Wellness / Happiness
Here's a rundown of my home workout space.
Complete at least 720 minutes of exercise or more each month.
- I fell short this month by logging only 702 exercise minutes. I completed 8 cycling sessions, 7 weight lifting sessions, 4 walks, and 2 elliptical sessions.
Weigh in under 200 pounds and stay there.
- Things went off the rails over Thanksgiving and stayed that way when I attended a recent professional development conference.
Complete at least 30 journal entries monthly using a paper journal and Day One App.
- 31 journal entries this month.
Embrace a Mediterranean / Dash Diet.
- No comment.
Education / Teaching Career
Read at least two education/teaching books this year and write a book summary blog post on each.
- One book summary to go.
Share at least four education resources per month.
Here are the resources I put together last month. It was a big month.
- STRONG Teacher Financial Toolkit
- Decision Fatigue: How Can Teachers Cope with Overwhelming Choices and Maintain Effective Decision-Making Abilities
- Thanksgiving: Teaching Ideas and Resources for a Memorable Pre-Break Experience
- Takeaways from the EL Education National Conference - Celebrations of Learning, Connections, and Passages
Add at least 12 new resources to my subscriber database.
Read two personal development books annually and write a book summary blog post on each.
- I'm still reading The Practice: Shipping Creative Work by Seth Godin.
Complete at least three "thirty-day challenges" in 2023.
- This is complete.
Write in a paper journal at least three days per week.
- I've retired this goal, but starting a commonplace diary may revive my paper efforts.
Dreams, Retirement, and Money Stuff
Publish at least two newsletters per month.
- The streak is alive. Here is TGIF Teacher Newsletter Archive.
Create at least two YouTube videos per month - step out of your comfort zone.
- Most of the videos I put together were short from for the EL Education National Conference.
Share at least two personal finance resources per month and apply what I learn.
- This goal has been retired.
Share something useful on Twitter (I'll have to change this to X) at least 25 times per month.
Reflect on these goals and share each month.