Goal Update September 2022
Here are the results or lack thereof from August 2022.
Wellness / Happiness
Complete at least 720 minutes of exercise or higher per month.
- Done. I logged 1,108 minutes with an average of 36 minutes per day - There were 11 walks, 5 bike rides, 3 weight lifting sessions, 3 runs, and one functional strength training session in Apple Fitness.
4 full-body strength training sessions per month.
- Four sessions were logged this month.
4 yoga sessions per month.
- A big zero on this one.
Log at least 120 mindful minutes each month. This can be a combination of Apple Fitness + meditations, Journaling (DayOne), and the Calm app.
- Yes - This monthly was mostly a combination of Holosync and journalling.
Move closer to a Mediterranean style of eating.
- Getting better. I had a rough week when I was under the weather, but otherwise steady. We've been enjoying some Purple Carrot meals a few times per week which have been pretty tasty.
Complete at least 30 journal entries per month using the Dayone app.
- 36 total entries this month
Education / Teaching Career
Record my #TeacherWins at least 4 out of five teaching days (80%)
- I only missed one day this month.
Write and share at least two Teacher Pep Talks per month.
- This fizzled. I'm retiring this goal and focusing energy elsewhere.
Read at least two education/teaching books this year and write a book summary blog post on each.
- Done. Here is my book summary page.
Share at least four education resource posts per month
Done. Here are some of my posts from this month.
- Using Six Word Memoirs in the Classroom
- Great One Pager Resources and Downloads
- NASA DART Asteroid Smashing Education Resource
- Digging into the Bullet Journal Method to Organize My Teaching Life
Add at least 12 new resources to my subscriber database.
- Done. It's becoming a pretty solid resource.
Read four personal development books per year and write a book summary blog post on each.
I'm halfway there. Here is my book summary page.
Record "Homework for Life" at least five days per week.
- It looks like this last month I only average about 3 days per week. There is some crossover between school and life, however.
Write at least 12 blog posts sharing what I learned from watching a video or listening to a podcast (Yearly).
- This is a funny goal. Each week I share resources in the newsletter, and I reflect on what I learned. This goal has been met and then some.
Family and Friends
Connect with my close family at least once per week.
Connect with a friend at least once per week - lunch, phone, exercise, pub, etc.
- Done. This is getting harder now that school is in session.
Dreams, Retirement, and Money Stuff
Learn about Twitter and be useful in that space. Follow five interesting people and grow my following by five people. This is the only goal I am not in complete control of. We'll see what happens.
- Done. I appreciate Twitter for the infinite resources and have settled into a consuming and posting flow. I've grown by a few followers, but have let go of that part of the goal. Here is my profile page.
Take a picture of each house I paint and post it to Instagram and Twitter. Invest at least three hundred dollars of painting income (Summertime Painting Goal) into my Robinhood account.
- I blew this one. I've entered information on the paint jobs we've completed in my journal minus the photos. I'm retiring this goal.
Publish at least two newsletters per month
- Done. I haven't missed a week since I started this site. Here are the archives. The streak is still alive.
Create at least two YouTube videos per month - step out of your comfort zone
- Done. I recorded a video recapping some of my favorite takeaways from putting together the August newsletter. In addition, I created a short video highlighting a standalone newsletter. Subscriber count = 9.
Learn more about cryptocurrency. Document my progress.
- I finally was able to access my accounts on my new phone. I see I have a few tutorials in Coinbase that I can watch to earn a few coins.
Purchase a camper and take at least three family vacations.
- This goal is on hold. I hope it will happen in the future. I am grateful to have kids that want to be involved in sports and other activities. I'm not sure when we would have enough time to get our money's worth at the moment.
Reflect on these goals and share once per month.