World Emoji Day is on July 17. The calendar emoji was created on this date. It's a day to celebrate all emojis 🥳!
Here are teaching and learning resources for using emojis in the classroom.
- 11 Ways to Use Emojis in Teaching - My favorite from this list is to use emojis when students give peer feedback.
- 10 Ways to Use Emojis in Teaching - I love #5. Have students retell the most important parts of a text selection using only emojis. I also learned about Emoji Translate which looks interesting.
- How to Use Emoji in the Classroom to Hook Your Students on Learning
- Emojis for Mindfulness - Here is a great post by Christine de Guzman about teaching mindfulness of emotions with emojis ;)
- Would you let students use emojis on writing assignments?
- 15 Ways to Emoji-fy Your Teaching
❤ Enjoy this post? Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (hint: it’s here). Send comments or just say "Hi" on Twitter - @jeremyajorg. If you haven't checked out the subscriber resources take a look here 👀. Why Edify is a reader-supported publication. You can show your support by sharing this article, buying me a cup of ☕, or shopping for some of my favorite gear 🙏.