Here are the results or lack thereof from April 2023.
Wellness / Happiness
Here's a rundown of my home workout space. It's evolved quite nicely.
Complete at least 720 minutes of exercise or more each month.
- I completed 916 minutes of activity this month. I went on 11 runs, 6 walks, 5 bike rides, 3 elliptical sessions, and only 3 weight-lifting sessions.
- This is not too bad considering that as I write this it's snowing outside. I'm ready for the weather to officially turn Spring-like.
- The running has been an unexpected highlight. It's actually more like run-walking, but it feels great when I'm finished.
Weigh in under 200 pounds and stay there.
- This is slow going. I've been as low as 203.
Complete at least 30 journal entries monthly using a paper journal and Day One App.
- Done - 33 entries in my digital journal. I've also managed to use the paper journal sporadically.
Embrace a Mediterranean / Dash Diet.
- This has been pretty steady. My cholesterol dropping about 30 points since my last check up. It's been a bit of a bummer dealing with the fact that I can't eat the same type of food I enjoy as much as I used to.
Education / Teaching Career
Read at least two education/teaching books this year and write a book summary blog post on each.
- I finished "Classroom Strategies for Interactive Learning" by Doug Buehl and completed the book summary. Here it is.
Share at least four education resources per month.
Here are the resources I put together last month. Although I do share resources in each weekly newsletter I missed my monthly goal by one.
- 5 Common Teaching Challenges and Strategies to Overcome Them
- 9 Ways Artificial Intelligence Can Make a Teacher’s Job Easier
- Thirty-Day Challenge: Six Word Stories - This one is still in progress. I'm about two thirds of the way done.
- 10 Creative Ways to Use Cardboard Boxes in the Classroom for Fun and Engaging Learning Experiences
- Classroom Strategies for Interactive Learning by Doug Buehl Book Summary and Golden Lines
- Mind Maps for Students: Boost Memory, Organization, and Creativity for Academic Success
- Teachers Beware, Your Mindset Is Contagious
- Why 'Mental Liquidity' Is the Key to Success in Education and Beyond
- How to Promote Student Happiness: Kindness, Mindfulness, and Resilience in the Classroom
Add at least 12 new resources to my subscriber database.
- Nine added - Three more to go.
Read two personal development books annually and write a book summary blog post on each.
- I completed the book Strength to Strength and need to complete the book summary.
- I completed "Outlive: The Science and Art of Longevity" by Peter Attia M.D. and need to complete the book summary.
Complete at least three "thirty-day challenges" in 2023.
- I am just about to finish my third challenge. I've been writing an sharing a Six World Story each day. If you're up for it, check out Thirty Day Challenges for the Mind, Body, Spirit, and School.
Write in a paper journal at least three days per week.
- Not so good here. My average is closer to once per week.
Dreams, Retirement, and Money Stuff
Publish at least two newsletters per month.
- The streak is alive. I didn't miss a Friday in April.
Create at least two YouTube videos per month - step out of your comfort zone.
- I've starte adding a video version of some of my podcasts which was fun to figure. I also put out a YouTube Short most Fridays to share the weekly newsletter.
Share at least two personal finance resources per month and apply what I learn.
- I'm retiring this goal; I'm just not feeling it.
Share something useful on Twitter at least 25 times per month.
Reflect on these goals and share each month.