Here are the results or lack thereof from January 2023.
Wellness / Happiness
Here's a rundown of my home workout space. It's evolved quite nicely.
Complete at least 720 minutes of exercise or more each month.
- I logged 987 exercise minutes in January which averages about 31 minutes per day.
- 10 bike rides, 10 other sessions (consisting of shoveling, snow blowing, and weight training), 5 walks, and 2 snowshoe adventures.
Weigh in under 200 pounds and stay there.
- I managed to cut out most liquid calories in January and recently started keeping track of what I eat in a food log - My Fitness Pal. Logging takes some getting used to, but it does stop me from going over my budget for the day.
- Down 3 pounds
Complete at least 30 journal entries per month using both a paper journal and Day One App.
- Done. I complete 33 journal entries this past month.
Embrace a Mediterranean / Dash Diet.
- My eating has been better in this department as many of the foods have smaller amounts of calories. The urge to snack at night is real.
Education / Teaching Career
Read at least two education/teaching books this year and write a book summary blog post on each.
- I haven't started an education book yet.
Share at least four education resources per month.
Done. Here are the resources I shared last month.
- One Word Reflection |Teaching and Learning Resources
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day | Teaching and Learning Resources
- 5 Research-Based Reasons to Use Brain Breaks in the Classroom and Brain Break Resources
- What are the Benefits of Pets in the Classroom?
- Thirty-Day Challenges for the Mind, Body, Spirit, and School
Add at least 12 new resources to my subscriber database.
- I added my new posts to the database - 5 total.
Read two personal development books per year and write a book summary blog post on each.
- I'm in the middle of the book "Strength to Strength".
Complete at least three "thirty-day challenges" in 2023.
- I've got two going at the same time. I'm building a Teacher Commuter Playlist adding one song each day for 30 days. I'm also logging my food for 30 days.
Write in a paper journal at least three days per week.
- I'm struggling with this one. I have been consistent with my weekly review which I've come to enjoy. I try to add something to it throughout the week and then finish it on Friday.
Dreams, Retirement, and Money Stuff
Publish at least two newsletters per month.
- The streak is alive. I didn't miss a Friday in January.
Create at least two YouTube videos per month - step out of your comfort zone.
- Done. I recorded on video and one short. It still feels pretty awkward, plus it takes more time than I would like. I'm learning to let go of perfection in this department.
Share at least two personal finance resources per month and apply what I learn.
- I only shared one - in one of the weekly newsletters.
Share something useful on Twitter at least 25 times per month.
- I managed to post every day. I started to share some of my podcast takeaways.
Reflect on these goals and share each month.