Goal Update - June 2022
Here are the results or lack thereof from June 2022.
Wellness / Happiness
Complete at least 720 minutes of exercise or higher per month.
- It was a good month - 1,232 minutes of exercise. I tracked 12 walks, 8 bike rides, 4 run/walks, and 3 "other" sessions. The other sessions usually consist of me mowing the lawn.
4 full-body strength training sessions per month.
- It was a tough month for this one. I've done plenty of pushups but found myself using Apple Fitness+ less and less. I like being outside too much in the summer. I moved my weights into the garage in the hopes that I can back on track.
4 yoga sessions per month.
- Apart from my regular downward-facing dogs, this goal has been a bust so far.
Log at least 120 mindful minutes each month. This can be a combination of Apple Fitness + meditations, Journaling (DayOne), and the Calm app.
- This has become a pretty solid habit. Done.
Move closer to a Mediterranean style of eating.
- This was better in the second half of the month. I went on a short vacation with my dad and things went off the rails. There is hope for this one yet.
Complete at least 30 journal entries per month using the Dayone app.
- Just missed with 28 entries logged.
Education / Teaching Career
Record my #TeacherWins at least 4 out of five teaching days (80%)
- It's summer so this goal is on pause.
Write and share at least two Teacher Pep Talks per month.
- This fizzled. I'm retiring this goal and focusing energy elsewhere.
Read at least two education/teaching books this year and write a book summary blog post on each.
- Done. Here is my book summary page.
Share at least four education resource posts per month
Add at least 12 new resources to my subscriber database.
- I'm on track with this goal. I created my first attempt at on opt-in page. As new members sign up I'm able to share my resources with them. Here is the page.
Read four personal development books per year and write a book summary blog post on each.
I'm halfway there. Here is my book summary page.
Record "Homework for Life" at least five days per week.
- Yes. I've included this in my journaling. I'm getting into the habit of completing a "review" at the end of each day.
Write at least 12 blog posts sharing what I learned from watching a video or listening to a podcast (Yearly).
- I'm behind on this goal. I've been including snippets of this in the weekly newsletter.
Family and Friends
Connect with my close family at least once per week.
- Very close. I did this with my Dad, however my brother completed a cross country bike race - RAAM and we didn't connect for a week.
Connect with a friend at least once per week - lunch, phone, exercise, pub, etc.
- Done. This is much easier in the summer. I paint with very good friends. It's been great.
Dreams, Retirement, and Money Stuff
Learn about Twitter and be useful in that space. Follow five interesting people and grow my following by five people. This is the only goal I am not in complete control of. We'll see what happens.
- Done. I appreciate Twitter for the infinite resources and have settled into a consuming and posting flow. I've grown by a few followers, but have let go of that part of the goal. Here is my profile page.
Take a picture of each house I paint and post it to Instagram and Twitter. Invest at least three hundred dollars of painting income (Summertime Painting Goal) into my Robinhood account.
- I'm behind on the photos. I do reflect on work completed as part of the daily review. I have earnings ready to invest.
Publish at least two newsletters per month
- Done. I haven't missed a week since I started this site.
Create at least two YouTube videos per month - step out of your comfort zone
- I missed this one. Only one short this month. Here's my channel. Remember, it's a work in progress.
Learn more about cryptocurrency. Document my progress.
- I learned that I'm happy I didn't invest too much money. I'm watching and reading to see how things unfold in this space. All of my investments are down but some are staking. If they stay afloat there is a possibility of a positive outcome.
Purchase a camper and take at least three family vacations.
- I've adjusted this goal. I'm now looking for a used pop-up camper. I still have hope.
Reflect on these goals and share once per month.
P.S. Recommendation: Fabulous. Born at Duke University, Fabulous uses behavioral science to help people make smart changes and build healthy habits. Build self-discipline and create positive structures in your daily life. After answering a series of questions Fabulous will build a plan just for you. Start building new habits with Fabulous today.