Here are the results or lack thereof from April 2022.
Wellness / Happiness
- Complete at least 720 minutes of exercise or higher per month.
Done. In the month of May, I logged 887 minutes of activity - 13 walks, 6 bike rides, 5 run/walks, and four other sessions that consisted of strength/stretching exercises. I am excited to add a little more activity in the summer months.
4 full-body strength training sessions per month using Apple Fitness +
- Not good. I only logged one of these sessions this month. I've kept up with my minimum of ten pushups and squats each day.
4 yoga sessions per month via Apple Fitness +
- Apart from a downward-facing dog every once in a while I only logged one official yoga session this month.
Log at least 120 mindful minutes each month. This can be a combination of Apple Fitness + meditations, Journaling (DayOne), and the Calm app.
- Done. I even increased my dosage during with last few weeks of school with students.
Move closer to a Mediterranean style of eating.
- I sure started out the month of May strong and then it went downhill. As things picked up at school I also picked up a few donuts, burgers, etc. I'm in need of a reset.
Complete at least 30 journal entries per month using the Dayone app.
- Done. I wasn't as consistent last month, but well over the goal.
Education / Teaching Career
Record my #TeacherWins at least 4 out of five teaching days (80%)
- Done - I recorded 17 #TeacherWins in the month of May.
Write and share at least two Teacher Pep Talks per month.
- No progress this month.
Read at least two education/teaching books this year and write a book summary blog post on each.
- I finished Moonshots in Education and completed the Book Summary and Golden Lines.
Share at least four education resource posts per month
- I've shared posts about Battle Bots, Using Portfolios for Assessment, Year-End Passages, Teaching, and Learning About the Ozone Layer, and STEM Challenges.
Add at least 12 new resources to my subscriber database.
- I only added two or three new resources.
Read four personal development books per year and write a book summary blog post on each.
- I need to select a new book in this category.
Record "Homework for Life" at least five days per week.
- I made it this month with 20 entries.
Write at least 12 blog posts sharing what I learned from watching a video or listening to a podcast (Yearly).
- I included a few podcast resources in the weekly newsletter but didn't publish any separate posts.
Family and Friends
Connect with my close family at least once per week.
- Yes, with my dad. No, with my brother - only two times.
Connect with a friend at least once per week - lunch, phone, exercise, pub, etc.
- I did not meet this goal, however, things are picking up. As I get ready to shift into Summertime Painting mode I'm spending more time out of school with friends.
Dreams, Retirement, and Money Stuff
Learn about Twitter and be useful in that space. Follow five interesting people and grow my following by five people. This is the only goal I am not in complete control of. We'll see what happens.
- Done. I appreciate Twitter for the infinite resources and have settled into a consuming and posting flow. I've grown by a few followers, but have let go of that part of the goal. Here is my profile page.
Take a picture of each house I paint and post it to Instagram and Twitter. Invest at least three hundred dollars of painting income (Summertime Painting Goal) into my Robinhood account.
- Tomorrow we're power washing a local gas station, and then the painting season begins.
Publish at least two newsletters per month
- Done. I'm on a roll and have managed to publish a newsletter every Friday in May. Here they are.
Create at least two YouTube videos per month - step out of your comfort zone
- Three this month. Here's my channel. Remember, it's a work in progress.
Learn more about cryptocurrency. Document my progress.
- I learned that I'm happy I didn't invest too much money. I'm watching and reading to see how things unfold in this space.
Purchase a camper and take at least three family vacations.
- We looked at two campers. I'm now looking through finances and mustering up courage. Rising inflation hasn't helped in this department.
Reflect on these goals and share once per month.
P.S. Recommendation: Fabulous. Born at Duke University, Fabulous uses behavioral science to help people make smart changes and build healthy habits. Build self-discipline and create positive structures in your daily life. After answering a series of questions Fabulous will build a plan just for you. Start building new habits with Fabulous today.