Here are the results or lack thereof from November 2022.
Wellness / Happiness
Complete at least 720 minutes of exercise or higher per month.
- You can't get any closer than this. I had to drag myself to my bike and spin for the final 20 minutes. I finished with 720 minutes on the nose. I think the combination of student-led conferences, Thanksgiving, and winter rolling in put the monthly goal at. I'll have to toughen up in December.
- 14 bike rides (indoor spinning), 4 walks, and 2 official weight sessions. The weight sessions are deceiving because I started lifting right after school for ten minutes at least four days per week, but didn't log those sessions with my watch.
4 full-body strength training sessions per month.
- Done easily.
4 yoga sessions per month.
- I neglected the yoga sessions this month.
Log at least 120 mindful minutes each month. This can be a combination of Apple Fitness + meditations, Journaling (DayOne), and the Calm app.
- Between Holosync and journaling, I've met this goal. I started a thirty-day challenge with my students which made it pretty easy.
Move closer to a Mediterranean style of eating.
- I'm still on a roll. I found out I really love cheese in an unhealthy way because I crave it all the time. I did splurge over the Thanksgiving holiday but was able to reign things in after that.
Complete at least 30 journal entries per month using the Dayone app.
- 40 entries for the month of November.
Education / Teaching Career
Record my #TeacherWins at least 4 out of five teaching days (80%)
- This has become part of my daily journal routine.
Write and share at least two Teacher Pep Talks per month.
- This fizzled. I'm retiring this goal and focusing energy elsewhere.
Read at least two education/teaching books this year and write a book summary blog post on each.
- Done. Here is my book summary page.
Share at least four education resource posts per month
Done. Here are some of my posts from this month.
- Harness the Power of Whiteboards in the Classroom - Teacher Tips and Resources
- November 8th is National STEM Day | Use These 12 STEM Resources to Celebrate
- How Can EduProtocols Be Used to Engage Students and Save Teachers Time
- Are You Ready for a Thirty-Day Challenge
- The American Civil War | Teaching and Learning Resources
Add at least 12 new resources to my subscriber database.
Read four personal development books per year and write a book summary blog post on each.
- This will be close. I'm working on the book summary for The Bullet Journal Method.
Record "Homework for Life" at least five days per week.
- Done. This has become part of my journal routine.
Write at least 12 blog posts sharing what I learned from watching a video or listening to a podcast (Yearly).
- This is a funny goal. Each week I share resources in the newsletter, and I reflect on what I learned. This goal has been met and then some.
Family and Friends
Connect with my close family at least once per week.
Connect with a friend at least once per week - lunch, phone, exercise, pub, etc.
- Not this month. I do connect with friends while attending my kids' sporting events.
Dreams, Retirement, and Money Stuff
Learn about Twitter and be useful in that space. Follow five interesting people and grow my following by five people. This is the only goal I am not in complete control of. We'll see what happens.
- Done. I appreciate Twitter for the infinite resources and have settled into a consuming and posting flow. I've grown by a few followers, but have let go of that part of the goal. Here is my profile page.
Take a picture of each house I paint and post it to Instagram and Twitter. Invest at least three hundred dollars of painting income (Summertime Painting Goal) into my Robinhood account.
- I blew this one. I've entered information on the paint jobs we've completed in my journal minus the photos. I'm retiring this goal.
Publish at least two newsletters per month
- Done. I haven't missed a week since I started this site. Here are the archives. The streak is still alive.
Create at least two YouTube videos per month - step out of your comfort zone
- Done. I create a short most weeks now to introduce the weekly newsletter and also made on longer form recap containing some of the things I learned when writing the weekly newsletter.
Learn more about cryptocurrency. Document my progress.
- I'm founding out cryptocurrency currently not my passion. I read a little about it in my news feed but that's about it.
Purchase a camper and take at least three family vacations.
- This goal is on hold. I hope it will happen in the future. I am grateful to have kids that want to be involved in sports and other activities. I'm not sure when we would have enough time to get our money's worth.
Reflect on these goals and share once per month.