T.G.I.F. Newsletter - Student Engagement, Facts, and Checking In
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. All affiliate links are marked with an asterisk (*). Thank You! Read more here.
Hello Friends and T.G.I.F. 😁 Here are some things I thought were worth sharing this week.
Here are some articles that grabbed my attention.
- School starting times impact student learning and wellbeing. Here's what some teachers have to say about ideal school start times.
- Checking in with students regularly can help create a positive classroom culture. Technology can help streamline the process and offer students more privacy.
- Facts and evidence don't seem to hold the same weight they once used to. Using personal experiences along with factual evidence can be helpful.
- Here's a thought-provoking clip about student engagement and how to promote it.
Personal Development and Wellness Resources
- Meditation is a powerful tool, but it's not for everyone. Here are seven joyful activities you can try instead. Right now walking is my favorite option on this list (#6).
- I've been learning about stoicism this past year and much of what I've found has been helpful. This year I'm exploring the virtue of moderation. I'm interested in how I can better apply moderation at school and at home.
Here is a quote I’ve been revisiting this week:
“Moderation in all things, especially moderation.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- 🏡 Home - I just returned from a three-night backpacking trip with my family and friends. The trip was a blast, full of ups and downs. One of my favorite parts of every adventure is coming home. It's my favorite place to be.
- 🔥 Gadgets - Here are some of my gadget and gift picks for the summer. It includes items that contribute to relaxation and reflection.
P.S. Recommendation: Fabulous. Born at Duke University, Fabulous uses behavioral science to help people make smart changes and build healthy habits. It's helped me build a solid morning routine. Build self-discipline and create positive structures in your daily life. After answering a series of questions Fabulous will build a plan just for you. Start building new habits with Fabulous today.