As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. All affiliate links are marked with an asterisk (*). Thank You! Read more here.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hello Friends and T.G.I.F. 😁 Thank you for being a part of our community! Here are some things I thought were worth sharing this week.
Here are some articles that grabbed my attention.
- Taking the time to get to know students at the beginning of the year is well worth it. Here are 7 Ways for Teachers to Get to Know their Students at the Beginning of the Year.
- The first few weeks help set the tone for the entire school year. Here are some tips for the first 5 days.
- Building a school culture that creates an ideal space for learning begins with ideas and words, but that's not enough. What comes next is just as important.
- What are the traits of great educators? You can find out what other teachers think by exploring this Twitter thread. I am impressed by every teacher that continues to show up every day to fight the good fight.
Personal Development and Wellness Resources
- As the summer ends and this school year ramps up, many teachers sacrifice their sleep to get everything done. Sacrificing sleep means diminishing body and brain health.
- What can a "Hi-Level" mindset do to help you realize your potential?
Here is a quote I’ve been revisiting this week:
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day."
— David Foster Wallace (This Is Water: Some Thoughts, Delivered on a Significant Occasion, about Living a Compassionate Life)*
- 🪑Camping Chair* - Our family had a great adventure hiking in the Porcupine Mountains - 3 nights and four days. I packed in a chair for the first time and it was a game changer. It was well worth the extra weight in my pack.
- 🎶 Music - Dialogue Part 1 and Part II by Chicago is the right kind of mood to start the school year.
- 🔥 Gadgets - Here are some of my gadget and gift picks for the summer. It includes items that contribute to relaxation and reflection.
P.S. Recommendation: Fabulous. Born at Duke University, Fabulous uses behavioral science to help people make smart changes and build healthy habits. It's helped me build a solid morning routine. Build self-discipline and create positive structures in your daily life. After answering a series of questions Fabulous will build a plan just for you. Start building new habits with Fabulous today.