As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. All affiliate links are marked with an asterisk (*). Thank You! Read more here.
The weekend awaits!
Hello Friends and T.G.I.F. 😁 Here are some things I thought were worth sharing this week.
Here are some articles that grabbed my attention.
- When school staff feels empowered to use equity-based resources, and when students feel heard and valued academic outcomes are improved. When schools commit to being student-centered, the students have a greater sense of belonging. Here is a resource I put together to help build school culture and promote belonging.
- Have you ever taught a lesson you were extremely proud of? A lesson where students were completely engaged, but when you checked for understanding they had forgotten almost everything? It turns out it isn't your fault. Check out these strategies you can use to help make learning stick. My personal favorite is combining text with images.
- The pandemic created two incredibly challenging years for educators. Were there any silver linings? Explore what other teachers have to say.
- Maybe this is the year you start to listen to some education and teacher podcasts. Here are forty educational podcasts to choose from.
Personal Development and Wellness Resources
- As I've been working on this newsletter for the past six months my kids sometimes say something like, "Dad, you're going to be an influencer!"😂Although I am working to improve my skills, learn more, and reach more people, I am aware that there are risks. This article, The Perils of Audience Capture is a great read. I'm still processing the part about The Man Who Ate Himself.
- It's that moment where it seems you just can't make a mistake. Things seem to slow down and action is effortless and effective. You're in the flow. Here's how to find your flow for optimal performance.
Here is a quote I’ve been revisiting this week:
To be so strong that nothing
can disturb your peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness, and prosperity
to every person you meet.
To make all your friends feel
that there is something in them
To look at the sunny side of everything
and make your optimism come true.
To think only the best, to work only for the best,
and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others
as you are about your own.
To forget the mistakes of the past
and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful countenance at all times
and give every living creature you meet a smile.
To give so much time to the improvement of yourself
that you have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear,
and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world,
not in loud words but great deeds.
To live in faith that the whole world is on your side
so long as you are true to the best that is in you.”
― Christian D. Larson, Your Forces and How to Use Them*
- 📧 Readwise - Every day I receive a Readwise update via email. It helps me revisit things I've highlighted while reading Kindle and Apple Books. It's become something I look forward to each day. If you use this link both of use will get a free month.
- 🦟 Science - Mosquitos produced in a factory are helping to save millions of lives. Who knew there was such a thing as the World Mosquito Program?
- 🔥 Gadgets - Here are some of my gadget and gift picks for the summer. It includes items that contribute to relaxation and reflection.