Here are the results or lack thereof from February 2023.
Wellness / Happiness
Here's a rundown of my home workout space. It's evolved quite nicely.
Complete at least 720 minutes of exercise or more each month.
- In February I logged 1,062 minutes of exercise activity, which is an average of 37 minutes per day. I've found lately that I need the movement more for resetting my mind after work than for exercise.
- I completed 16 cycling sessions, 6 walks, 5 weight training sessions, and 1 mixed cardio session.
- My favorite workout was fat biking with my daughters on separate occasions. They're so busy that it's becoming harder and harder to sneak away.
Weigh in under 200 pounds and stay there.
- I managed to track my calories for the entire month using My Fitness Pal. Currently at 209.
Complete at least 30 journal entries per month using a paper journal and Day One App.
- Done - 34 entries in my digital journal and five entries in my paper journal. I've been struggling with the paper journal but have enjoyed each session.
Embrace a Mediterranean / Dash Diet.
- I've settled into a nice routine. Keeping track in a food log has been helpful.
Education / Teaching Career
Read at least two education/teaching books this year and write a book summary blog post on each.
- I'm re-reading Classroom Strategies for Interactive Learning by Doug Buehl. I'll share the book summary when I'm done.
Share at least four education resources per month.
Here are the resources I put together last month. Although I do share resources in each weekly newsletter I missed my monthly goal by one.
- 50 Affirmations for Teachers That Improve Self-Confidence, Reduce Stress and Help Build Relationships
- Chat GPT Resources For Teachers
- Five Reasons to Use Portfolios with Elementary and Middle School Students Including Resources
Add at least 12 new resources to my subscriber database.
- Still at 5 for the year.
Read two personal development books per year and write a book summary blog post on each.
- I complete the book Strength to Strength and will start work on the book summary.
Complete at least three "thirty-day challenges" in 2023.
- I'm at the end of two Thirty-Day Challenges. I created the Teacher Commuter Playlist: Volume 1 where I added one new song to a playlist for 30 days. Here's the playlist on Youtube.
- I've also managed to log my food for thirty days. I'll continue this in the foreseeable future.
Write in a paper journal at least three days per week.
- Still struggling with this one. I've averaged about one entry per week.
Dreams, Retirement, and Money Stuff
Publish at least two newsletters per month.
- The streak is alive. I didn't miss a Friday in February.
Create at least two YouTube videos per month - step out of your comfort zone.
Share at least two personal finance resources per month and apply what I learn.
- Still only one.
Share something useful on Twitter at least 25 times per month.
- I managed to post every day. Here's a post that took off.
Reflect on these goals and share each month.