Here are the results or lack thereof from September 2023.
Wellness / Happiness
Here's a rundown of my home workout space.
Complete at least 720 minutes of exercise or more each month.
- I logged 1,075 minutes of exercise in September. I completed cross-training sessions, 5 bike rides, 3 walks, 2 strength training sessions.
- One of the highlights from this last month was completing a 70 mile ride in Door County.
Weigh in under 200 pounds and stay there.
- I'm maintaining and my routine is improving.
Complete at least 30 journal entries monthly using a paper journal and Day One App.
- 33 journal entries this month.
Embrace a Mediterranean / Dash Diet.
- On the right track. I'm working on portion control.
Education / Teaching Career
Read at least two education/teaching books this year and write a book summary blog post on each.
- I finished the Eduprotocols Field guide. As soon I write the book summary this goal will be accomplished.
Share at least four education resources per month.
Here are the resources I put together last month. I missed my goal by one.
- This goals has been achieved. I went down a Ted Lasso rabbit hole and shared my interactive notebook resources over a series of five posts.
Add at least 12 new resources to my subscriber database.
Read two personal development books annually and write a book summary blog post on each.
- I'm still reading The Practice: Shipping Creative Work by Seth Godin.
Complete at least three "thirty-day challenges" in 2023.
- I finished up my third challenge which was writing in a commonplace notebook for thirty days in a row.
Write in a paper journal at least three days per week.
- I've retired this goal, but starting a commonplace diary may revive my paper efforts.
Dreams, Retirement, and Money Stuff
Publish at least two newsletters per month.
- The streak is alive. Here is TGIF Teacher Newsletter Archive.
Create at least two YouTube videos per month - step out of your comfort zone.
- 8 videos this month - mostly Shorts
Share at least two personal finance resources per month and apply what I learn.
- This goal has been retired.
Share something useful on Twitter (I'll have to change this to X) at least 25 times per month.
- Done. I've got a nice routine going. I enjoy looking back at each newsletter and sharing thoughts and excerpts.
Reflect on these goals and share each month.