Why Edify Monthly Review | October - Polarized, Lucky, Foggy, and Horror
Here are some highlights from Why Edify over this past month.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. All affiliate links are marked with an asterisk (*). Thank You! Read more here.
Here are some highlights from Why Edify from this last month🤔. Each week I send out resources, articles, and tips to hundreds of dedicated and passionate teachers. Join us 👊.
T.G.I.F. Teacher Newsletters
- Polarizing Education, Hearing All Voices, and Cognitive Load
- Well-Being, Wordle, and Feeling Lucky
- Magical Things, Respect, and Brain Fog
- How to Study, Deeper Learning, and Horror
- Writing Everyday - What are the benefits of writing every day and how do you overcome Imposter Syndrome?
- Classroom Wordle and Wordle-Like Resources - My three favorites are Heardle, Crosswordle, and Weddle.
- Time-Saving Teacher Tip - Email Snippets - Simple but effective, email snippets can save teachers time.
- Station Rotation and Blended Learning Teacher Tips - These resources can help you get started incorporating blended learning.
- Watch Out for Fake News | How to Teach Students to Identify Quality Sources Through Lateral Reading - Help students navigate misinformation and locate quality resources.
- The Obstacle is The Way | Book Summary and Golden Lines - My thoughts after reading this book by Ryan Holiday.
Teacher Gear and Gadgets
In each week's newsletter, I make a gear or gadget recommendation. Here are the recommendations from last month.
- 🔧 Gadget - Fujifilm Instax Smartphone Printer*
- 🧰 Gadget - TikiTunes Portable Bluetooth 5.0 Indoor/Outdoor Wireless Speakers*
- 🔧 Gadget - TechMatte Charging Stand for Apple Pencil *
- ☕ Mug - Teacher Nutritional Facts Coffee Mug*
What was your biggest Teacher Win in the month of October?
My biggest win was putting together a station rotation model in science classes...and it worked well! I look forward to using this type of blended instruction more often in the future.
Record your win in the Member Discussion at the bottom of this post.
❤ Enjoy this post? Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (hint: it’s here). Send comments or just say "Hi" on Twitter - @jeremyajorg. If you haven't checked out the subscriber resources take a look here 👀. Why Edify is a reader-supported publication. You can show your support by sharing this article, buying me a cup of ☕, or shopping for some of my favorite gear 🙏.