Why Edify Monthly Review | November
Here are some highlights from Why Edify over this past month.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. All affiliate links are marked with an asterisk (*). Thank You! Read more here.
Here are some highlights from Why Edify from this last month🤔. Each week I send out resources, articles, and tips to hundreds of dedicated and passionate teachers. Join us 👊.
T.G.I.F. Teacher Newsletters
- T.G.I.F. Teacher Newsletter | Falling Grades, Civil Discourse, and Whiteboards
- T.G.I.F. Teacher Newsletter | Learning Experiences, Teacher Trust, and the Friday Push
- T.G.I.F. Teacher Newsletter | Burn Out Syndrome and Teaching in America
- T.G.I.F. Teacher Newsletter - Birth Equity, Controversy, and Gifted Kids
- Harness the Power of Whiteboards in the Classroom - Teacher Tips and Resources - Explore how using whiteboards in the classroom can increase student engagement and provide a much-needed break from computer screens.
- November 8th is National STEM Day | Use These 12 STEM Resources to Celebrate - Explore six resources to help you incorporate STEM activities into your classroom.
- How Can EduProtocols Be Used to Engage Students and Save Teachers Time - Learn about EduProtocols and the benefits of using them. I really enjoyed using "The Fast and The Curious" EduProtocol with my 8th graders.
- Are You Ready for a Thirty-Day Challenge - This is something I do yearly with my homeroom. We watch the TED Talk by Matt Cutts and then begin our challenge.
- The American Civil War | Teaching and Learning Resources - This post is full of resources I've used when teaching middle school students about The American Civil War.
Teacher Gear and Gadgets
In each week's newsletter, I make a gear or gadget recommendation. Here are the recommendations from last month.
- 🔧 Gadget - Take a break from computer screens. Whiteboards* are great fun and students like working with them.
- 🔧 Gadget - Mavalus Tape* - Assorted Colors - This stuff is great. It sticks to everything. I use it to hang things up on cement blocks.
- 🔧 Gadget - Newtons Cradle Balance Balls* Science Physics Gadget - I have two of these in my classroom. Kids love them.
- 🔧 Gadgets- Here's a post I put together highlighting some Black Friday deals and recommendations.
What was your biggest Win in the month of November?
My biggest Win was trying out "The Fast and the Curious" EduProtocol. It provided a much-needed change of pace, and my students liked it.
Record your win in the Member Discussion at the bottom of this post.
❤ Enjoy this post? Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (hint: it’s here). Send comments or just say "Hi" on Twitter - @jeremyajorg. If you haven't checked out the subscriber resources take a look here 👀. Why Edify is a reader-supported publication. You can show your support by sharing this article, buying me a cup of ☕, or shopping for some of my favorite gear 🙏.